Story Behind ''Tears in Heaven''


Tears in Heaven

-------------------Lyrics-------------------


Would you know my name

If I saw you in heaven?

Would it be the same

If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven

Would you hold my hand

If I saw you in heaven?

Would you help me stand

If I saw you in heaven?
I'll find my way through night and day
'Cause I know I just can't stay here in heaven

Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees

Time can break your heart, have you begging please, begging please

Beyond the door there's peace I'm sure

And I know there'll be no more tears in heaven

Would you know my name

If I saw you in heaven?

Would it be the same

If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven




-----------------------------------------------Meaning--------------------------------------------


This song is writen by the musical legend Eric Clapton to honor the name of his four years old son Conor Clapton.

Clapton's son tragically passed away on march 1991. The incident happened while the father wasn't present, and the baby boy was under his mother's Lory del Santos charge.

The night before the incident, Eric Clapton took his son to a circus and the day after they were about to have another father and son time. 


A housekeeper had just finnished to clean the window so she left it open to air the room, the mother was on the bathroom and Conor Clapton was running inside the room, waiting for his father to come pick him up. 
He fell from the 53d floor of the hotel in Manhattan and died instantly.


This tragedy affected Clapton's music so deeply, that it changed radically after his return to stage. He mourned nine months for his son. 

This song represents the sorrow of a father and the suffering felt for someone's absense













Comentarios

Entradas populares